Southwest University of Political Science and Law (SWUPL) offers pre-university program scholarships, Bachelor’s program scholarships, Master’s program scholarship, and Ph.D program scholarships.
The scholarships are mainly used to cover tuition fees, accommodation fee, living cost, medical and insurance fees.
(1) For Pre-university students (“1+4” , “1+2” / “1+3” Program)
First-class Scholarship: 10,000 RMB
Second-class Scholarship: 8,000 RMB
(2) Bachelor’s degree students
First-class Scholarship: 25,000 RMB
Second-class Scholarship: 10,000 RMB
(3) Master’s degree students
First-class Scholarship: 30,000 RMB
Second-class Scholarship: 15,000 RMB
(4) Ph.D students
First-class Scholarship: 35,000 RMB
Second-class Scholarship: 20,000 RMB
(1) Non-Chinese applicants wishing to participate in or currently study in a degree program (bachelor degree, master degree, doctorate degree, or pre-university program) at Southwest University of Political Science and Law.
(2) Applicants who are offered other scholarships are not eligible to apply for the SWUPL President Scholarship.
(3) Generally, international students are eligible to apply for the SWUPL President Scholarship within the length of their corresponding schooling years:
1 year for pre-university program ( “1+4” , “1+2” / “1+3”program);
4 years for undergraduate students;
2-3 years for graduate students;
3 years for doctoral students.
(1) Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies (Notarized Photocopy).
(2) Transcripts of the Most Advanced Studies (Notarized Photocopy).
(3) Two Letters of Recommendation by associate professors or professors.
(4) Study Plan in China.
(5) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Photocopy).
(6) Personal information Page of Passport (Photocopy)
Articles or Papers Written or Published (Photocopy).
(7) Examples of Art (6 color pictures) and Music (1 audio tape) Work (only for the applicants applying for Fine Arts and Music).
(8) Other Attachments (List Needed).
Please use DIN A4 to prepare all the application materials.
Whether the candidates are accepted or not, all the application materials will not be returned.
(1) Applicants shall abide by the laws and decrees of China and the rules and regulations of SWUPL.
(2) Applicants shall conduct well-rounded performance on his/her study. Basic Chinese language skills are required for the applicants.
(3) Applicants for Bachelor’s program scholarship or 1+4 program must have attained a high school diploma.
(4) Applicants for Master’s program or 1+2/1+3 program must have attained an undergraduate diploma.
(5) Applicants for Ph.D program must have attained a postgraduate diploma.
To follow the Regulations of the SWUPL International Students President Scholarship Annual Assessment, an annual assessment for the SWUPL President Scholarship will be held every October. Newly admitted students will be awarded scholarship on the basis of their latest academic achievements and Chinese language proficiency; students who have already studied in SWUPL for more than one year will be awarded scholarship on the basis of their grades last year, Chinese language skills, and comprehensive performances.
October 30, every year.
How to Apply
(1) The applicant shall submit the application form, diploma,HSK certificate, and relevant documents directly to School of International Education of Southwest University of Political Science and Law by post or by e-mail or online.
(2) Application Form for Foreign Student of Southwest University of Political Science and Law, available at:
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Mail Address: Room 6017, School of International Education, No.301, Baosheng Road, Yubei District, Chongqing, P.R.China Postal Code: 401120
Telephone: +86-23-67258753 ; +86-23-67258675